On the Move: Map Gallery
Understanding our region through data and information
Data is the foundation of the On the Move: 2045 Transportation Plan. As part of the research process, TMACOG gathered and created a series of maps to better understand our region's needs.
Planning for the Future
In order to plan for our future, we need to understand the following:
- What does our region look like, and who lives here?
- What is included in our multi-modal transportation system look like?
- What condition is it in?
- How well is it working?
To answer these questions, TMACOG staff gathered and created the following information and maps. We especially focused on data related to our eight plan goals.
Data and Maps
- Current land use
- Population density: 1990, 2000, 2010
- Housing density: 2000, 2010
- Employment density: 2000, 2010
- Non-vehicle households: 2010, 2016
- Median age: 2000, 2010, 2016
- Elderly population: 2010, 2016
- Disabled population: 2016
- Environmental justice areas of concern: 2016
- Median household income: 2000, 2010, 2016
- Limited English-speaking population: 2016
- People of color population: 2010, 2016
|Plan Goals||Data and Maps|
Reduce traffic-related fatalities and serious injuries across all modes
Maintain and improve the transportation system to a state of good repair
Reduce congestion on the National Highway System (NHS)
Improve the efficiency of the surface transportation system
Strengthen freight access to national and international trade markets to support economic development
Protect and enhance the community and natural environments
Improve the quality, accessibility, and efficiency of the multimodal personal transportation system