2021 Virtual General Assembly
connecting with our members
TMACOG’s annual business meeting, keynote address, and caucus opportunities will be held in a series of teleconferences Tuesday through Friday, January 19-22nd 2021
TMACOG’s annual business meeting, keynote address, and caucus opportunities will be held in a series of teleconferences Tuesday through Friday, January 19-22.
Registration is now open and is required for participation in assembly activities. The registration fee is $15 for TMACOG members and $30 for non-members.
The REGISTRATION deadline is January 8. Register soon to ensure that you receive meeting materials via first class mail before our first day. Your 2021 General Assembly packet will also include the Transportation Legislative Agenda, and the Agenda for Lake Erie and some fun items from our sponsors and partners.
We will begin January 19 at 8:30 a.m. with a timely keynote presentation on the multibillion-dollar Gordie Howe International Bridge. Guest speaker ODOT Director Dr. Jack Marchbanks will have short remarks before introducing Joe Comartin, Consul General of the Canadian Consulate in Detroit. The Consul General will provide an update on the project and look at the potential impact on the TMACOG region. Set to open in 2024, this structure will offer the only direct highway-to-highway connection between Canada and the United States in the Detroit-Windsor area. We expect that this new access will impact freight movement and economic development in our entire region.
Caucus sessions will be at staggered times Tuesday through Thursday and members are encouraged to drop in on any session that may be of interest. The summer caucuses were improved by input from the diversity of people participating. Each caucus will elect/appoint their representatives to the TMACOG Board of Trustees and discuss topics of interest to their members.
The program will wrap up on Friday, January 22 from 8:30 to 10 a.m. with the business meeting, reports from leadership and the caucus sessions, and an election of leadership for 2021. A quorum is required for the business meeting, please register to participate or send a designee to attend on your behalf.
Tuesday, January 19, 2021
8:30 a.m. Keynote Presentation
10:30 a.m. Village Caucus
1:30 p.m. Special Districts & Authorities Caucus
Wednesday, January 20, 2021
8:30 a.m. County Caucus
10:30 a.m. City Caucus
1:30 p.m. Non-governmental Members Caucus
Thursday, January 21, 2021
8:30 a.m. Township Caucus
10:30 a.m. School Districts and Colleges & Universities Caucus
Friday, January 22, 2021
8:30 a.m. Business Meeting, Caucus Reports, and Election of Officers
Need special accommodations? Contact JENNIFER ALLEN.
Sponsorship opportunities are available. For more information please contact Gilda Mitchell, Director of Membership and Outreach, at MITCHELL@TMACOG.ORG
We have two levels of partners and sponsors for the 2021 General Assembly
$750 Partner Benefit:
- Your logo included in the event program as a partner
- One (1) event registration
- Your business highlighted on TMACOG website
- Your logo on TMACOG website linked to your website
- You are invited to share a swag item to include in the registration materials that will be pre-mailed to registrants
- Your company name spoken as partner at keynote address and each caucus session
- Invited to share a PDF on the registration page
- As official partner of the keynote presentation and business meeting, you are invited to provide a 15-second welcome video to be included in the welcome powerpoint.
$250 Sponsor Benefit:
- Listing in the event program as a sponsor
- One (1) event registration-One (1) event registration
- As sponsor each caucus session, your company will be be recognized at caucus sessions (name on powerpoint)
- Your company name listed on the TMACOG website linked to your website
- Opportunity to share a PDF on the registration page