It’s the law in Ohio, leave 3 feet when you pass.
Cyclists have a right to take whole lane.
Riding your bike is a great way to get healthy exercise, and can be a practical way to commute and run errands.
May is National Bike Month and TMACOG is the local sponsor of Bike Month. Use this web page for information about our area’s bike riding facilities and other maps and guides.
During Bike Month and all year long TMACOG reminds drivers to share the road – keep an eye out for cyclists,
give them a 3-foot space when passing.
Whether you ride every day, or just occasionally, whether your ride to work or school, or for exercise, or fun, we want to hear from you! Help us understand your experiences riding on roadways in the TMACOG region. To provide your comments click this LINK. Begin by selecting “Proceed as Guest” and then follow the prompts to map as many routes as you like!
If you’d prefer to provide your routes and comments on a paper map instead, just drop into any area bicycle shop to get a paper copy. Or call 419.241.9155, ext 119, or email Lance Dasher to request a copy.
Safety Inspections – Get Ready
Throughout the month of May, bike shops in northwest
Ohio and southeast Michigan are offering free bike checks to help cyclists prepare for a safe and fun season of cycling. Cyclists are invited to bring any
sort of cycle to the participating shops for the free
ABC quick check.
• Air in the tires
• Brake adjustment
• Cranks and Chain inspection
• Quick release mechanisms check
• Check the bike overall
The free ABC quick check should only take a few minutes for each bike. Any needed repairs can be scheduled with the shop.
People bringing bikes in to the shops will also receive a
copy of Drive Your Bike, a guide to using a bicycle for commuting and everyday transportation.
Bike Month Partners
Bike Month is sponsored by Metroparks of the Toledo Area and the Wood County Park District.
Additional partners include:
Creating Healthy Communities
Live Well Greater Toledo
Maumee Valley Adventurers
Sylvania Slow Ryders
Toledo Area Bicyclists (TAB)
Toledo-Lucas County Health Department
We Are Traffic
Local Bike Shops
• Elmore Cycle and Fitness,453 Maple Street,Elmore,OH:
419-862-1000, Open Mon.-Fri. 10 a.m.- 6 p.m. and Sat. 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
• Fremont Cycle and Fitness,107 N.Ohio Ave.,Fremont,OH:419-332-4481,
Open Mon.-Fri. 10 a.m.- 6 p.m., and Sat. 9 a.m.– 3p.m.
• Mountain Man Sports; 2735 Reynolds Road,
419-536-0001; Mon, Tue, Thu-Sat - 10 a.m.-6 p.m.; Wed 10am-8pm; Sun 12pm-5pm
• Reggie’s Bike Shop, 5934 Secor Rd., Toledo, 419-475-1585
Mon. – Fri., 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.; Sat., 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.; Sun closed
• Spoke Life Cycles, 26597 Dixie Hwy. Suite 167, Perrysburg, OH; 419-931-9919; Mon & Fri 10 a.m.-7 p.m, Wed & Thurs 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Sat 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Sun closed
• Spoke Life Cycles, 6363 Monroe St., Sylvania, OH; 419-882-0800; Mon & Fri 10 a.m.-7 p.m, Wed & Thurs 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Sat 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Sun closed
• Toledo Bikes, 1114 Washington St., Toledo OH. 419-386-6090
Monday & Thursday, 5-8 p.m., Sundays 4-7 p.m.
• Wersell's Bike Shop, 2860 W. Central Ave.
Toledo, 419-474-7412; Mon - Fri 10 a.m -
6 p.m., Sat 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Sun closed
May is Bike Month
>>2018 EVENT Calendar pending
reduced bus fare (25 cents) for anyone using the bike rack Monday, May 15 through Sunday, May 21