Register Soon for the January 26 General Assembly
Registration is now available for TMACOG’s annual General Assembly to be held Wednesday, January 26 at the Holiday Inn French Quarter in Perrysburg. Click here to register and to see the complete agenda. All TMACOG members are invited to attend the annual business meeting, participate in election of leadership, and chose committee assignments. We have an interesting program of workshops and speakers planned.
The theme of the 2011 General Assembly is “Economic Development Strategies: Plan it, Build it, and Sustain it.” A single workshop will address sustainability. A panel will discuss what local governments can do to sustain economic development momentum without compromising future efforts. Panelists will speak to their areas of expertise:
- Regional Economy: Kay Reiter, Executive Director, Sandusky County Economic Development Corporation
- Education: Dr. Michael Ogawa, Founding Vice President of Research and Economic Development, Bowling Green State University
- Tourism: Larry Fletcher, Executive Director, Lake Erie Shores & Islands
- Alternative Energy: John Joy, Dean of Corporate and Community Services, Monroe County Community College
- Infrastructure: Glenn Grisdale, AICP, GISP- Principal of Reveille Ltd.
Following the workshop will be dinner and a keynote presentation from John Fernandez, U.S. Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Economic Development. Mr. Fernandez is charged with leading the federal economic development agenda. His agency promotes innovation and competitiveness, preparing American regions for growth and success in the global economy.
Registration for the General Assembly for TMACOG members is $50, non-members, $100. Please register by Tuesday, January 18. (No refunds will be made for reservations cancelled after January 24.) For information about vendor space or to reserve a full dinner table, contact Greg Gettum at 419.241.9155 ext. 132 or email@example.com.